Safety Chucks are used in the web processing industries to mount Air Shafts on a machine Unwind or Rewind Stand. The Safety Chucks facilitate rotation as a bearing housing and are an efficient means of supporting unwind and rewind shafts with a quick method of loading and unloading in web processing industries.
Safety Chucks are operated by tilting back the hand wheel on both sides of the application and will only open while the shaft jaw opening is in the up position, the roll shaft is then loaded into the jaw area of the Safety Chuck, the hand wheels are then manually tilted into the closed position.
The main Safety feature of the Safety Chuck is that if for what ever reason the hand wheels are not tilted into the closed position and the shaft starts to rotate, the hand wheels will close automatically to avoid the roll shaft from displacing from the chuck assembly.
"Be Safe Use a Safety Chuck"
Replaceable Insert Style
- Available in Pillow Block and Flange Mount design
- Self closing hand wheel to ensure roll shaft is kept in position
- Finger protection guard
- Out put shafts available to mount tension brake/clutch or drive components
- Various Insert designs to suit roll shaft journal styles, commonly triangle, square/round, square or square vee formation
- Low maintenance and simple Insert replacement
- Safety Chucks make a Safer Environment for operators when loading and unloading roll shafts
Replaceable Inserts are quickly replaced on the Safety Chuck with minimal downtime allowing more production time with efficient maintenance